Grind gage - groove depth range 0-100 µm
- Path Size: 13 x 130 mm
- No. of Paths: 2
- Scales: Micron/Hegman
- Range: 0 - 100/8 - 0
The Fineness of Grind Gage is a flat steel block in the surface of which are two flat-bottomed grooves varying uniformly in depth from a maximum at one end of the block to zero near the other end. Groove depth is graduated on the block according to one or more scales used for measuring particle size.
The Hegman scale or National Standard scale may be abbreviated "NS" on the gage. The scale ranges from 0 to 8 with numbers increasing as the particle size decreases.
- 0 Hegman = 4 mil/100 micron particle size
- 4 Hegman = 2 mil/50 micron particle size
- 8 Hegman = 0 mil/0 micorn particle size
- Grind blocks made of high quality, corrosion resistant stainless steel for extended use
- Dual channel designs
- Groove depth is graduated on the block showing microns and Hegman scales
ASTM D333 D1210 D1316 D6846