Abrasion Test compliant with ASTM D2486
- Base model (5060) with ASTM D2486 accessory kit
- The ASTM D2486 primarily evaluates the scrub resistance of interior wall paint.
Coated and uncoated surfaces need to be tested for resistance to abrasion caused by a brush, sponge, scouring pad, sand paper, and other means. Abrasion resistance can be tested by wet abrasion methods using scrub media or cleaning solutions. The most common applications are testing the scrub resistance of interior wall paints, floor tiles, shower stalls, and furniture surfaces. The abrasion tester can examine the washability of a coated surface for the removal of stains. Detergents and cleaning solutions can be tested and evaluated in a reproducible manner.
- Compliant with ASTM, DIN, and ISO methods with appropriate accessories
- Durable chain drive mechanism for long-term reliable operation
- Reciprocating linear motion with a constant speed over the travel distance for repeatable results
- Compact design saves on counter space
- Easy to use touch screen display
- Instrument arm holds up to 3 brush or pad holders to increase output
- User selectable scrub rate from 6 - 60 cycle/minute
- Up to 4 kg (8.8 lbs) can be applied to the instrument arm
- Stroke length 10 inch (25.4 cm), adjustable upon request to 9 or 11 inch (22.9 or 27.9 cm)
- Optional weights for custom applications
Gardner-scrub, ASTM D2486